Great! Awesome staff. Compassionate & knowledgeable physician.
Many factors work against your skin’s ability to maintain a fresh, healthy appearance. Environmental pollutants, UV rays, cigarette smoke and even the natural passage of time are just a few of those culprits. Eventually, the skin will begin to reflect signs of damage, including skin laxity, fine lines and a complexion that no longer boasts a radiant glow. The Acadian Skin Care & Laser Center offers full-service HydraFacial treatments for patients looking to reverse those symptoms of damage without the need for surgery or downtime.
What is the HydraFacial?
The HydraFacial is a four-step system designed to rejuvenate the complexion while addressing each patient’s specific skin concerns. Whether you have oily, breakout-prone skin or a dehydrated mien in desperate need of hydration, there is a HydraFacial treatment that is right for you. At Acadian Skin Care & Laser Center, we provide different formulations to infuse the dermal layers with the ingredients necessary to keep skin looking and feeling its best at every season of life.
The HydraFacial is the only skin treatment that combines cleansing, exfoliation, extraction and infusion of vital nutrients in a single procedure. It is appropriate for every skin type and tone and is even safe for sensitive skin. When used regularly, the HydraFacial actually improves the health of the dermal tissue over time, restoring nutrients, stimulating collagen production and minimizing minor imperfections that affect your overall appearance.
There are a myriad reasons why you might want to give the HydraFacial a try. The procedure can address a variety of skin issues, including:
- Signs of aging, such as fine lines and wrinkles
- Pigmentation irregularities and brown spots
- Oily, congested skin that is prone to breakouts
- Loss of elasticity and loose skin
- Uneven skin texture and tone
- Clogged, enlarged pores
Our staff at Acadian Skin Care & Laser Center will assess your skin and discuss your aesthetic goals to determine whether the HydraFacial is the best treatment option for you.
Four Steps to More Beautiful Skin
The HydraFacial consists of four basic steps, which can be tailored to each patient to produce the best possible results:
Step 1: Vortex Cleansing
The HydraFacial begins with an in-depth cleansing and exfoliation of the skin, using a device that gently removes the outermost skin cells that lead to a dull, dry complexion. This process reveals the inner radiance of your skin, producing a healthy glow almost immediately.
Step 2: Acid Peel
After the cleansing process is completed, an acid peel is applied to the skin to provide further exfoliation benefits. without post-peel scaling. The peel contains a combination of glycolic and salicylic acid, which effectively removes additional skin cells without causing excessive irritation to the dermal tissue.
Step 3: Vortex Extraction
The next step in the HydraFacial is the extraction of impurities that remain, such as blackheads, whiteheads and debris that may be clogging the skin’s pores. This painless process uses vacuum suction, and an attached tube allows you to see what is removed.
Step 4: Vortex-Fusion
The final step is to replace lost nutrients and other essential substances to bring the dermis to a state of optimal health and radiance. This process may be tailored to your precise needs with different formulations designed to treat various skin types. The primary goal will be to add much-needed hydration and antioxidant protection to help prevent further damage to the complexion.
Lunchtime Procedure, No Downtime
All four of these steps can be completed in about 30 minutes, which makes the HydraFacial an excellent option as a lunchtime treatment. Enjoy your pampering facial, and you can apply makeup and return to your office immediately following your appointment. The only indication you just had a cosmetic procedure performed should be a renewed and healthier-looking complexion, and there will be no discomfort to distract you from the rest of your day.
Enhance Your Results With Add-On Options
Perk – HydraFacial for the Lips or Eyes
- Lip – Lips are smoothed then lightly plumped with the intensely moisturizing Lip Revitalizing Serum. Patients get to take home a Hydrating Lip Balm SPF 30, which provides UV protection and locks in moisture to maintain lip hydration.
- Eye – A gentle treatment specifically to brighten the delicate eye area with the Eye Replenishing Serum, formulated with invigorating green tea extract. After this treatment, take home a Soothing Eye Mask to further calm and soothe the eyes.
To ensure your skin gets just the boost it needs during your HydraFacial treatment, we offer three different serum add-ons you can choose to have applied during the last step of the process:
- DermaBuilder Boost – The proprietary blend in this serum is ideal for those looking to turn back the early signs of aging on the complexion. Peptides are the key to the success of this anti-aging option, which firm the skin while smoothing away fine lines.
- Britenol Boost – If your primary concern involves brown spots caused by sun exposure or the aging process, this serum may be the right choice for you. Ingredients in this formula both reduce pigmentation spots and brighten skin for a refreshed appearance.
- GrowthFactor Boost – This serum contains connective tissue growth factor, which restores skin health while minimizing the appearance of lines and wrinkles. Growth factors have been shown to improve cell growth to encourage healthy skin function.
Mechanical Lymphatic Drainage
The results of your HydraFacial can be further enhanced with a lymphatic drainage treatment, which works to improve blood circulation in the skin, as well as detoxify and tone the complexion. Through gently massaging the lymphatic system, this helps increase lymph flow where it may be stagnant, flushing out toxins and renewing skin health from the inside out.
LED Light Therapy
Post-HydraFacial, your skin will be even more receptive to the beneficial effects of an additional Light Emitting Diode (LED) treatment. Shown to stimulate the body’s production of collagen, LED light can help to alleviate the appearance of wrinkles and scars. Specific light frequencies help address different skin issues.
- Red LED – Most commonly used to treat sun damage, rosacea, broken capillaries
- Blue LED – Penetrates deep into the skin to kill acne causing bacteria, helping to treat blemishes and prevent clogged pores
Maintaining Skin Health
The HydraFacial often produces refreshing results after a single treatment session that give you the extra boost of confidence you might be looking for before a major event. By scheduling regular HydraFacial sessions, such as monthly or every six weeks, you can maintain your rejuvenated glow indefinitely. Over time, the treatments will actually work synergistically with the skin to restore healthy beauty for a longer period.
If you are interested in rejuvenating your complexion with a gentle and non-invasive treatment, a HydraFacial may be the right treatment option for you. To learn more, contact the Acadian Skin & Laser Center today at 337-234-6193.
The Platinum HydraFacial
The ultimate HydraFacial experience, your detoxification process begins with a Lymphatic Drainage treatment. This is followed with the Signature HydraFacial to deeply cleanse, extract impurities, and hydrate the skin. Then, address specific skin concerns with a booster of your choice. This treatment concludes with LED Light Therapy to further reduce the visible signs of aging.