Born in Crowley, Louisiana, Dr. Joseph began his private practice in ear, nose, throat and facial plastic surgery in Southwest Louisiana in 1993. He completed his undergraduate education at the University of New Orleans and received his medical degree from Louisiana State University School of Medicine, New Orleans in 1986. He completed his Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery residency at LSU, New Orleans in 1992, and became board certified in 1993. He then pursued and was accepted into the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery fellowship program, one of only 38 positions in the country. He successfully completed the facial plastic surgery fellowship with the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery under William E. Silver, MD in Atlanta, GA, in 1993, becoming board certified in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery in 1997. It was during his fellowship that he, along with Dr. Silver, published “Uniform Rhinoplastic Documentation”, which is still widely utilized at facial plastic surgery meetings. He remains very active in the Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, serving on numerous national committees with facial plastic surgeons from other parts of the country.
In 2003, Dr. Joseph was the only Louisiana facial plastic surgeon included in the book of nationally recognized cosmetic surgeons called “The Beauty Makers”.
Dr. Joseph holds a faculty appointment at LSU-New Orleans in the Department of Otolaryngology-Division of Facial Plastic Surgery.
Dr. Joseph’s practice encompasses many issues related to the ear, nose and throat, as well as facial cosmetic and laser surgery, including rhinoplasty and rejuvenation surgery of the aging face.
Dr. Joseph has been selected by his peers for inclusion in Best Doctors in America – Otolaryngology and Plastic Surgery.
In Practice Since 1993
- Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Bachelor of Arts, Biological Sciences, University of New Orleans (1982)
Doctor of Medicine, Louisiana State University Medical School – New Orleans (1986)
University Medical Center (1987)
- General Surgery, Alton Ochsner Medical Foundation, New Orleans (1988)
- Otolaryngology, Louisiana State University Medical Center, New Orleans (1992)
- American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Preceptor: William E. Silver, MD Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (1993)
- Diplomat, American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (1997)
- Diplomat, American Board of Otolaryngology (1993)
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons (1998)
Current Hospital and Academy Appointments
- Chairman, Medical Executive Committee, Lafayette General Surgical Hospital
- Member, Membership/Residency Relations Committee, American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstruction Surgery
- Member, Public Relations Committee, American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstruction
- Active Staff, Lafayette General Medical Center
- Active Staff, Lafayette General Surgical Hospital
- Active Staff, Surgery Center
- Active Staff, Our Lady of Lourdes Regional Medical Center
- Active Staff, University Medical Center
- Courtesy Staff, Women’s and Children’s Hospital
- Courtesy Staff, Regional Medical Center of Acadiana
- Clinical Assistant Professor, (1993)
- Louisiana State University Health Science Center
- Department of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery
Honors, Awards, Citations
- Visiting Professor and Distinguished Lecturer, 2007
- Louisiana State University, Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery Alumnus of the Year, 2007
- Louisiana State University, Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
- Committee of 100 Champion of Excellence of the LSU Medical Alumni Association, 2003 Louisiana State University School of Medicine, New Orleans
- American Academy of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Lafayette Parish Medical Society Louisiana State Medical Society American College of Surgeons